Tagged: Scavenger Hunt
- Who were the first people known to find a value of pi? When was it?
- Who memorized 42,195 digits of PI on Feb. 18, 1995? Where was the person from?
- What is the symbol for pi? Who first used it and when?
- Name the Swiss mathematician who first popularized the Pi symbol.
- What is the location of your birthdate in Pi?
- What is the formula for the DIAMETER of a circle?
- What is the formula for the CIRCUMFERENCE of a circle?
- What is PI to 30 decimal places?
- What is PI the ratio of?
- What famous mathematician was born on March 14?
- What does it mean to “Square a Circle”?
- What day is celebrated on July 22?
- Which US state flags include circles?
- Name the US city with a zip code containing the first 5 digits of pi-beginning with 3.
- Name a US city with a name that references circular things (name of city and state).
- Name three sports or games that use a circle or a sphere in their play.
- Name three song titles that refer to something circular.
- Post a Pi pun in the comments section of this page.
- What is your favorite pie? Please provide the recipe.
- Name three movie titles with reference to something circular.
- Name the mathematicians who have birthdays on March 14.
- Name three kinds of candy that come in circular pieces
- What is your favorite Pi joke?
- Find your birthday in PI and record the location.
- Find the number of decimal places of Pi that has been calculated since 1999.
- Find some Pi art.
Pi Day Scavenger Hunt!
Not-so Easy, but hey, you are tough!
- Find a Pi mnemonic and use it to memorize the first 314 numbers of Pi.
- Which fraction is closest to the actual value of PI… 337/120 or 22/7 or 355/113?
- Which capital letters in the alphabet in block style have rotational symmetry ?
- Find and perform Pi song and post to YouTube. Leave the location in the comments.
- Find a Pi poem or any math poem and post to YouTube. Leave the location in the comments.
- Create some Pi art and post an image online to Instagram. Leave the location here in the comments.
- Doctors used to think that trying to square a circle was an illness. Name of the illness.
- Is PI a rational or irrational number? Explain the difference.
- Which geometric solids have circular cross sections?
- Name three formulas that include pi.
- What was the most inaccurate version of PI? Explain who, when, and what the value was (sentence form).
- What value of PI did the Egyptians obtain 2000 years before the Common era?
- What value of PI did the Babylonians obtain?